Paintclub On Demand
Doors of Dublin
Hosted By Lorraine Regan O'Neill
The array of coloured doors, each with their own character and personality, is a staple of the Dublin streets. For this tutorial we’ll create amazing textures using palette knives and vibrant colours.
- 2 hour online pre-recorded painting tutorial
- Access to video replay for up to 1 week or 1 month after the event, depending on ticket purchased
- Artist support on your painting after the event via Chat.
- Paint kit including a painting stencil and list of paint colours required
Our Paintclub starter packs are available for purchase here, and contain everything you need for this masterpiece.
What you need
- 12ml x 12 acrylic paint various colours
- Extra white acrylic paint
- A palette to mix paint on paper or glass or a plate
- 3 Paint brushes (1 large hog hair brush x 1, medium synthetic flat brush x 1, small synthetic round brush x 1)
- A palette knife plastic or metal
Canvas and Stencil
We used a square 30x30cm canvas for this painting. There are three canvas options for this painting. The stencil for this painting is included below in two parts.
- Option 1: 30x30cm square canvas. Place Stencil Part 1 at the top of the canvas in line with the red line. Transfer and place Stencil Part 2 at bottom as normal.
- Option 2: 30x40cm regular canvas in portrait. With each stencil landscape, place Stencil Part 1 at the top of the canvas with doors in the centre. Place Stencil Part 2 at the bottom of the canvas and with the doors in the centre and transfer.
- Option 3: 30x40cm regular canvas in landscape. With each stencil in landscape, place Stencil Part 1 at the top of the canvas and place Stencil Part 2 at the bottom of the canvas with both stencils placed in the centre of the canvas and transfer.
Meet your host
Our resident sculptor Lorraine has a flair for experimentation and is known for her quirky methods of creation, from making use of household objects to capturing unique and unusual perspectives.
A graduate of Fine Art from GMIT, Lorraine brings her infectious energy and party animal personality to each and every one of her sessions.