Paintclub New Collections
'Cu Chulainn' - Irish Myths & Legends
Hosted By Sinead McCarthy
Influenced by the legendary tale of Setanta who slayed a hound between the eyes with a single blow of a sliotar gaining him his more famous name Cu Chulainn.
I wonder did he put his hurley away for his Mam where he was supposed to or like this typical scene land them at the door step for all to trip over.
Bringing the Irish myth into the 21st century, this scene is a familiar sight at back doors all across Ireland. Join us as we show you step by step in this online tutorial how to go from blank canvas to finished masterpiece.
- 2 hour online painting tutorial
- Access to video replay for up to 1 week or 1 month after the event, depending on ticket purchased
- Artist support on your painting after the event
- Paint and Prep will include a stencil and list of paint colours required
What you need
- 12ml acrylic paint x 12
- A palette to mix your paint on
- Paint brushes (1 large, 1 medium, 1 small)
- A plastic or metal palette knife
- 40cm x 30cm standard stretched canvas
- 2B pencil x 1
- Rubber x 1
Meet your host
You may recognise Sinead, our born and bred in Cork gal, from national television as a finalist on ‘Painting the Nation’, but we know her more fondly as our calm in the storm – bringing her down to earth attitude to every Paintclub session.
A graduate of Crawford College of Art & Design, Sinead loves every type of medium you can create with, although she has a particular preference for watercolour and pencil.